Wednesday, July 26, 2006

More from School


Today was the last day for the summer program that I was teaching in the country school.












Here are some pictures of my Chinese students at the Mei-Shan school.





Their parents came to school and watched as I taught them the last class of the summer...It was mostly just a review of what they learned over the past few weeks.






While the parents talked (in Chinese) with my co-teacher...I played ping-pong with the kids.



They all lined up and took turns to see who could beat the teacher!
And one little guy did!!

















Later that evening I had an appointment at the Hope School to be interviewed by a young David Letterman wanna'-be.
His mom brought a video camera and he asked me various questions about America and my thoughts on Changxing, China.
















His English was very good!
And his mother seemed very proud.

One of my classes saw me with my camera out, so I told them if the were really smart today that I would take their picture after class...THEY WERE SO SMART TODAY!!


This is Duncan, he's and intern at the Hope School...A very hip Chinese guy!



And this is Seven...Yes that's her name. She is teaching me Chinese.


One quick note...I now have a couple of room mates...

As I'm sitting here working on my blog, I'm thinking...I better get to those dishes in the sink.

So I take a break, go into the kitchen and lift up my frying pan and here is what I found.



I know these little guys eat bugs and such. So I let them go back in the kitchen.

And it looks like something got a hold of one of them...Short tail.

I wonder if they are on the menu at a local restaurant around here?


Jim




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home